To put it in simple terms, a fic exchange is where an author writes a story, and recieves a story in return. They sign up for a request, where they put in information on the type of fic they'd like to recieve. These requests should be pretty general--specifics are hard to achieve and creativity should be allowed to the author who works on the rquest. Then, in return, the writer recieves a request from another author and tries to follow the general prompt to create a fic for that person. These fics are emailed in to the community moderators and posted by the staff so that all stories are anonymous.
To request a story, you must be able to write a story in return. This is the whole point of the exchange.
1. You must, MUST be able to write a story according to a loose prompt. If you end up backing out, that means somebody doesn't get their request filled and that's sad. :(
2. All fics must be checked for spelling and grammar and continuity. This is a gift fic for somebody else, and don't you want them to read the best you have to offer?
3. The minimum number of words for the fic you write is 1000. It must be longer than a drabble, long enough for a coherent plot--a beginning, a middle, and an end. There is no maximum limit, but try to keep it under novel size :)
4. All fics must be posted here. This just makes organization for the staff easier, and for the author revelation at the end. Email to avatarficathon at gmail dot com.
5. You can submit your fics chapter by chapter, section by section, or the whole shebang in at one time. Your choice.
6. Because the exchange is ANONYMOUS, please do not host or archive these fics anywhere else on the internet until the Great Big Reveal post at the very end. After we have officially revealed the authors, then you are free to post your story wherever you want.
7. All fic sent MUST be Microsoft Word format (.doc) or Wordpad. Do not send it imbedded (copy and pasted) in your email because then all text formatting will be lost. We will not post stories unless they are clearly and coherently formatted.
Avatar Ficathon Challenge of Autumn/Winter 2006!
This time around, it's themed! For more information on what this means, check out this and this post.
THEMES: 1. Once Upon A Time 2. The End is the Beginning
Registration CLOSES Monday October 2nd, 2006. Hurry and sign up! Requests/Prompts emailed out to participants before DATE PENDING. The Ficathon ENDS DATE PENDING.
REGISTER HERE or email the application to avatarficathon at gmail dot com.
The First Great Avatar Ficathon 2006!
REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED! If you were late, then you can join in next time.
The first Avatar ficathon in history! Applications CLOSED on Sunday, May 14th 2006. The mods will match up requests, then email them out. Everyone will get to work on their stories with the requests provided to them.
The Ficathon ENDS June 31st 2006, which is when everybody must be finished with their stories. You may finish before the deadline and email your story to the moderators anytime before 11:59pm June 31st PST.
About a week or so after that, the mods will compile a Master List matching each story written to the author. This will be posted publicly, and everyone will have a chance to find out who wrote that wonderful story for them.
Registration CLOSES on Sunday, May 14th 2006. Requests/Prompts emailed out to participants before May 19th, 2006. The Ficathon ENDS June 31st 2006.
Did you miss out on the first ficathon? Want to see the brilliant fics produced from it? Or perhaps you just want an idea of how things went the last time? Check it all out here under the tag story.
Have you read the rules? Then please EMAIL all registration forms to avatarficathon at gmail dot com. Or you may comment at the official registration post with your application, and your comment will be screened (visible only to mods). Either email or comment on the official post. No other form of applications will be accepted.
About YOU Livejournal or Penname: Email Address:
Story Request/About THE FIC YOU WANT General, short prompt (some keywords): Genre preferred, provide 3 choices (romance, angst, etc.): Ships preferred (at least 3): Rating preferred (G-NC17): Absolute No-Nos (sex, fluff, rape, etc.):
Story Gift/About THE FIC YOU CAN WRITE Genre preferred, provide 3 choices (romance, angst, etc.): Ships preferred (at least 3): Rating preferred (G-NC17): Absolute No-Nos (sex, fluff, rape, etc.):
About YOU Livejournal or Penname: _rednovember Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Story Request/About THE FIC YOU WANT General, short prompt (some keywords): A treasure map, a bowl of rice, and a dancing lemur. Genre preferred, provide 3 choices (romance, angst, etc.): gen, adventure, maybe a bit of romance. Ships preferred (at least 3): Kataang, Zutara, or Iroh/Jun. Rating preferred (G-NC17): Anything from PG to R. Absolute No-Nos (sex, fluff, rape, etc.): No hard angst, no rape, no explicit sex.
Story Gift/About THE FIC YOU CAN WRITE Genre preferred, provide 3 choices (romance, angst, etc.): humor, romance. Ships preferred (at least 3): Zuko/Song, Sokka/Yue. Rating preferred (G-NC17): Anything at all. Absolute No-Nos (sex, fluff, rape, etc.): No BDSM or torture.
Check out the FAQ post or email the mods at avatarficathon at gmail dot com.
Do you think someone's fic out there is just the awesome? Or perhaps, in here...(the old ficathon mind you, you're not allowed to post/pimp fics from the new ficathon till it ends,) then go check out avatar_recfest. Go ahead, rec away♥.